AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative to Ozempic and upset stomach?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/12/2023 08:00 (#10183100 - in reply to #10175891)
Subject: lifestyle changes

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have no personal experience with the drug.

I do have a friend that has been taking it and his reports are good. He has been impressed with it. Claims he has almost no appetite. Has lost weight and improved blood glucose as a result. 

The problem I see with him is he has not changed his lifestyle. We eat breakfast with him somewhat regularly during the winter months. I still see him loading up on fruit, pancakes with syrup and toast loaded with sugary jam. So while the drug seems to be suppressing his overall apatite and giving him some results he likes, I see a situation that is far from optimum. If he would change WHAT he eats I think he might be better off. But I am not a doctor and do not try to argue with him. But so far he seems to be happy with the drug.

I ran across this after reading this thread and will post it for what it is worth. It may or may not be good information, but my wife particularly likes some of this doctors other content that he publishes. Dr Shawn Baker has some things to say about the Ozempic type drugs. Kind of makes sense to me what he says, but again I'm no doctor and have zero personal experience with this category of  drugs. But I do have an opinion and my opinion would be that lifestyle and food changes might be an alternative to taking the drug. Video is seven minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrbMlf39KdQ&t=311s

Sometimes the comments below the videos are as interesting as the presentation.

Edited by John Burns 4/12/2023 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)