AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative to Ozempic and upset stomach?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 4/6/2023 13:55 (#10175891)
Subject: Alternative to Ozempic and upset stomach?

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Pre-diabetic. Tried oral metforman for while, didn't lower A1C very much, plus various GIT problems. Switch to injectable Ozempic, A1C values improve greatly, but now have an upset stomach side effect-not severe, but seemed like just a semi-constant feeling of a weak case of nausea. Didn't feel like eating, and what food I did eat didn't taste good. Lost some weight, which was welcome. On doctor's orders, cut dosage in half, still having side effects. Lose some more weight. Decide on my own to extend injections from 7 days to 10 days. Blood tests come back again, super good A1C numbers, lost weight, feeling better except for darn upset stomach.

Doctor says quit taking it, re-check blood in 3-4 months (scheduled for 4 weeks from now). In spite of trying to eat sensibly, have gained back half the weight i have lost. Food actually tastes good for the first time in 14 months, so no real surprise i have gained some weight back..

Question: Anyone else been down this path with Ozempic and side effects of stomach upset, what have you changed to medicine wise, did it help? Just trying to get some ideas of what we might try a month from now if A1C numbers head north again.

What prompted me to ask this today was saw a new injectable drug advertised on TV this morning, just wondering if all these drugs have the same side effects. Thank you in advance. Bruce.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)