AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

e mails not going thru...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Kit
Posted 4/3/2023 12:57 (#10170991 - in reply to #10163479)
Subject: RE: e mails not going thru...

OK Panhandle
I agree with ringo, email setup can be a pain for the end user and even more so for the technical guys. I hope to never manage an email server again - it's well worth the $/month to Google, Microsoft, or another email provider to manage and troubleshoot all the junk for me.

Regarding your question: with the info you provided, it will be nearly impossible to do a good job troubleshooting your problem. There are simply too many possible configurations, but one thing you can check is if your email domain is on a blacklist. Go to https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and enter your email domain (this is everything AFTER the '@' in your email address). If you get a hit, contact your email provider and let them know. Sometimes spam filtering software will outright block email delivery if the sending server is on a blacklist.

You can also see if your email domain is DMARC compliant. More and more spam filters are checking this to make email delivery decisions. Go to https://dmarcian.com/domain-checker/ and enter your email domain. (Again, your email domain is everything AFTER the '@' in your email address.) If you get a red 'X' on anything, contact your email provider, tell them you're trying to diagnose email delivery problems, and you see their email domain is not DMARC compliant. Honestly, if your email provider hasn't configured this already, it might be time to look for another one.

You can also try temporarily disabling any endpoint protection software you have running on your computer. Sometimes that will interfere with email sends/deliveries if it thinks the message is spam or contains malicious content.

I understand your technology level is fairly basic, so maybe your friend or his computer guy can run these tests for you, since they can be run from any computer. At least this will show that you're working to figure it out! Let us know what you find out.

Edited by Kit 4/3/2023 13:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)