AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a new ag software program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tlefarm
Posted 4/23/2023 17:01 (#10200089 - in reply to #10189645)
Subject: RE: Looking for a new ag software program

Yes, the basic version is more farm friendly than QB. The advantages from my viewpoint: You can manually allocate income and expenses to each field, get profitability reports per acre, keep books for more than one business entity without any extra costs, and track family living. You will lose QB ability to do memorized transactions (from rules) but Traction does save templates of your previous transactions.

I said in my original post, some have scoffed at the price. What percent of your total budget would Traction Pro be? Cost per bushel? How squeezed are you for time? Do you know your costs of production? Do you think you are on top of your finances? Are you caught up at year end so you can make potentially money saving, tax planning decisions? Answering those is all about the practicality, which is important. But for me it’s all about mindset. I look at it and think “This is empowering! I can’t wait to see how many ways this can benefit our operation.” That cost can easily become a revenue if I make one timely, smarter decision from it.

As far as the agronomy, I don’t think you need it to get the value. But if you’re doing your own soil testing, just buy it anyway! Lol. I started grid sampling with an Ag Leader PF3000 (yes, I’m telling my age), and upgraded with AL monitors, then to a handheld. The actual pulling of samples was a breeze compared to all of the file management and merging of results. Now I use my phone for sampling and files are just seamlessly transferred…don’t know how else to describe it…and geo-spatial results appear in my Traction account. It’s just slick!
I hope this has helped, Brett. Accounting has always been one of my favorites, so ask if you have more questions. Also, if you’re still in doubt, they do offer a free 30-day trial
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)