AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a new ag software program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tlefarm
Posted 3/27/2023 21:41 (#10160859 - in reply to #10152501)
Subject: RE: Looking for a new ag software program

I'm a 20+ year user of desktop farm accounting, have used Quickbooks online, and have transitioned to Traction. Here's my take:

Quickbooks - easy, quick and cheap, but doesn't provide any reports for actually improving your financial management

Farmworks - no longer supported. Most desktop systems that have been around for decades, can be powerful. The downfalls are that they are clunky, time-consuming and difficult to learn. If you're bringing in a generation under age 30 - 35, our experience says they'd probably rather use a spreadsheet than fight thru the clunkiness.

Traction - Cloud based. It's easy and timesaving. Loving the digital connections that bring in all of our data from our banks, credit cards and field monitors. It makes it so easy to stay caught up. I'm in the grandkid stage now, but oh how handy it would have been to be able to categorize my transactions daily from my phone, while waiting to pick kids up from practice, etc. With Farmworks, we were used to tracking our costs of production and field level profitability, but it was quite a process. The seamless way that Traction does it, makes it almost a no-brainer for this capability alone. So if you're already capturing planting and harvest records on a field monitor, make sure you've seen this part. Some have scoffed at the price on here, but I've never known a farmer that had too much time on his hands. If you value your time, it's worth it. If you value knowing your numbers, it's worth it. And as fast as prices move today, both on inputs and crops, it's been pretty handy to have all of our finances available on our phone no matter where we are at.

Good luck on your quest!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)