AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/27/2023 12:38 (#10063222 - in reply to #10063149)
Subject: RE: Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern

Buehler - 1/27/2023 11:58

dpilot,

I am seeing that too. I called their support and they verified that.

0% chance I'm going to QB Online, because I do a little work for an accountant in the winter, and the ones that switched were complete garbage. The guy on the phone says, "well you need to take the training." Nope. I learned everything I needed to know to run Desktop in about 10 minutes.

To me it looks like there are a couple options:

1. Bend over. Realistically, $800 isn't that much and if it continues to be good and easy to use it's probably not that bad.

2. Find different software. I'm going to look into some of these before it's time to switch. If you do, that will take some work. At minimum, you'll need a general ledger for at least the years you have audit exposure to, and then you'll need to do the setup on the new software, which isn't nothing. Plus the beginning balances need to tie to your PY tax return. If you have an entity, you'll need to get the equity stuff all right. And if your accountant doesn't support it you're all alone.

3. Don't upgrade QB 21. Let payroll expire and find a 3rd party payroll service. My accountant is using OnPay to pay me. She seems to like it. I think she said something about them screwing up some WIK, but other than that she likes. it. That's probably not a great outcome, because I found the link that I used to download QB 21 on my new computer and it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I screwed it up, but you may not be able to set it up on a new computer.

Agree.

I’m most likely choosing option 3 for when I’m forced out of payroll next year.

You also lose being able to import bank and credit card statements.

I plan on doing manual payroll. My accountant provides a spreadsheet with updated tax tables annually to help with that.

For what it’s worth, if you have an account with Intuit (which you would if you have ever bought Quickbooks directly from them) you will be able to log in to your account and get the current download link for Quickbooks 2021.

I can still download Quickbooks 2012 and Quickbooks 2016 from them because I bought both of them from Intuit rather than a reseller.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)