AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Millhouse
Posted 12/10/2006 12:58 (#71915 - in reply to #71861)
Subject: RE: Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?

South-central Nebraska
Ours has never tracked the exact same path even with RTK. The TCM has been hard to get calibrated as well. We did find that our 8410 does not have the duals spaced exactly the same from the factory. This could be some of the issue. Took me five years to notice that, my bad for not noticing sooner. We have also had pretty substantial GPS drift with the SF2 and some even with the RTK. This should occur with ALL equipment but Deere told me repeatedly this WOULD NOT HAPPEN. Anything for a sale I guess. Finally our tractor will be going through the field with Autotrac engaged and all of a sudden turn one direction or the other.

Autotrac has been less of an issue than the Yield mapping. I find it very unaccurate, often up or down 10% the same day. I wish Deere would pick one day a year when they upgrade software. Seems like all of the many upgrades we constantly download don't do jack anyway.

Even with the headaches I wouldn't give both of these systems up. Maybe another brand, but the technology I want to keep as I feel it is here to stay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)