AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader liquid control modules - pulse settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/10/2022 07:52 (#9789468 - in reply to #9788596)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader liquid control modules - pulse settings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ag Leader systems can work with more than one Liquid Module connected at the same time. It is possible to have a system where one liquid module controls Product A and a separate system controls Product B at the same time. It is also possible to use one Liquid Module and flow meter on one rig and yet another Liquid Module ond flowmeter on another rig. I am in that situation. I believe this is your situation also.

In my case, I use an Ag Leader display in the planter tractor with a Raven RFM 15 for preemergence spray. Later I move the display to the Hagie which has a Liquid module and a Raven RFM 100.

This means that I needed to create a configuration for the planter and yet another for the Hagie. I created the configuration for the planter which uses a flow meter that I named Planter Spray FM. The meter cal for it is entered at this time. The other information about the number of sections, width etc. is also entered and I save that configuration and give it a descriptive name such as 1770NT/Spray. This configuration could be created without even being connected to the planter and module. At that point in time, no SN is associated with the configuration.

However, the first time I attempt to use that configuration, the system will look for liquid modules on its CAN bus. If it finds exactly one, it assumes that is the one you wish to use and associates that SN with the configuration. If it finds none, it complains to that effect. If it finds more than one, it will ask which one you wish to use. From that point onward, the system will look for the SN associated with the configuration and if found (even if there are others onboard) will use that one. This would usually be the case and everything is fine.

If it should NOT find any liquid modules, it will complain. If it finds exactly one but a different SN, it will ask if you wish to use that one. If you accept a module with a different SN then that SN is then associated with the configuration.

I also needed to make a configuration for the Hagie. I created a new one with a NEW flow meter which has a different meter cal and named that flow meter Hagie Spray FM. Again I entered the boom widths etc. I saved that configuration with a descriptive name such as Hagie Spray. Again no SN is associated with the configuration until I try to use it. When I do the system will determine how many liquid modules are present. Again if only one the system assumes that is the correct one and associates that SN with the configuration. If it should find none, it complains, if it finds a single different one it will ask if you wish to use that one. If you agree, the SN is associated with the configuration.

This means that when planting with Liquid Module A and the planter flow meter, I choose that configuration. The system looks for that module, finds it and uses the meter cal for it. When I move the display to the Hagie, with Liquid Module B and it flow meter, I choose that configuration. The system looks for that module, finds it and uses the meter cal etc. for it.

If Liquid Module B should damaged, I could physically move Liquid Module A to the Hagie. When I tried to use it, the system would notice that the module SN is different and ask if I want to use it. If I agree it will use the meter cal for flow meter associated with that configuration (which would be correct) and things would work.

To solve your problem, I believe you need two completely separate configurations. Each will have its own module and different flow meters. My guess is that your setup is trying to use the same flow meter for each situation. You need two flow meters each with their own name and meter cal in your system.

Create the first configuration in which you will choose a flow meter with its meter cal, give it a name, complete the configuration and give it a descriptive name. The first time you use that configuration, it will look for a liquid module, it should find exactly one, associate that module AND flow meter and proceed.

Create a second configuration in which you will choose a different flow meter with its meter cal, give it a different descriptive name, finish the configuration and give it a descriptive name. The first time you use that configuration with the other rig, it will look for a liquid module, find exactly one, associate that module AND flow meter and proceed.

From then on, if each module and each flow meter stays with its own rig, you will just choose the configuration that pertains. If you choose one, it will look for that module, expect the meter cal to be correct and you are good to go. If you choose the other one, it will look for that module, expect that meter cal to be correct and you are good to go.

You should no longer see the SN don't match message unless due to confusion or damage, the Liquid Modules get moved around.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)