AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine recommendations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

E.Daehler
Posted 7/4/2022 18:40 (#9733998 - in reply to #9733115)
Subject: RE: Combine recommendations?

Higginsville, MO
easymoney - 7/4/2022 08:58

I've ran Lexions like guys are suggesting at a former employer, and I wouldn't give 2 cents for one. Hard to work on, parts are just as high if not higher, having to wait on stuff from Germany at times, plus twice as many wear parts. Oversized, overweight turds is what they are. The grain quality is horrible out of them.

So you had a bad dealer and can't run a combine.

Compared to common parts there was 21 similar parts to JD and parts were very close.

Yeah that hour to put both rotors on the ground or to change a random belt every 500-1000 separator hours is so difficult. Very easy combines to work on once you learn a couple simple tricks

Show me any other brand that at 50k acres a guy can say let's do another inspection and get another quarter million bushels through it. Without poly liners in the tank and a bunch of welds.

Grain sample on any combine is operator,

Grain sample isn't fully on operator, when it takes 3 transition points to move the grain trough a machine, it gives more and more chance of damaging grain. As for being able to operate a combine, I might not be the best but about the only who could set those Lexions to do a decent job. The dealer had problems even and said that's as good as you can get it. The fines in the corn was horrible but most don't care until you're trying to dry down corn.
As for your running 50k acres then doing another quarter million bushels depends on how many bushels you pulled of the 50k acres. Million bushels to 1.5 is where alot of parts were put on from being wore out if it handles a variety of crops. If just corn, then yes you would get more life out of them since it's the least abrasive on augers. Ziegler sucks here in Missouri, funny how they carried more Gleaner parts on hand than Lexion and that's all they wanted to push.

As to original topic, neighbors traded their 2388 to a 7230 and are pretty happy with it. I lost track on Case's numbers for a few years when the had the 7088s and those series and the flagships and what all inter changes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)