AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine recommendations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 7/3/2022 14:59 (#9732126)
Subject: Combine recommendations?

Callao Missouri
That time of year again to think about updating a combine. Looking at 7010-8010 cih, and 9760-9860 Deere.
Not interested in spending enough money to get into a 120, or 70 series.

I am kinda scared of the 10 series cih because of being the first model flagship. Also scared of hydraulic contamination if something goes bad when combine gets high hours. Blow air filter out twice a day=thumbs down.
I like the simplicity of them, great cab, and plug and play with macdon heads. Also unplug itself feature.

Jd I've heard terrible stories about engine problems. Last year a local had a 9760 that kept shaking the back end apart and no parts available from Deere, junkyard, or A&I. (Shoe frame components) they ended up renting a cih 7010 to harvest soybeans.
The cab on the Deere is a real looser compared to cih from everything I read on net.
My gut tells me though there is so many of these green machines out there, they are mostly the same from 2002-2020 that there should be a huge aftermarket parts following for them. Like cih from 1975- present day on the legacy series.

Just looking on tractor house, the deers seem to be asking 80% what asking price for red is. Also hours are traditionally less than red machine. Only green experience I have is uncle has 9750, it's a bastard to work on, and has had electric problems resulting in setting a week for dealer to figure out.

Not sure what way to go. May just do nothing at all.
Currently running 3, cih 2188's two running beans, one set up for corn, and backup bean machine. Pushing 30' jd 630f flex heads.
I do all maintenance in house, machines all have 5-7000 engine hours.
Cih 7088's seem to be over priced, and I'm afraid I'm really pushing the limits of the 2188's already a 7088 is going to be taxed pretty hard off the get go.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)