AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Above ground pool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 6/19/2022 19:28 (#9712660 - in reply to #9712303)
Subject: RE: Above ground pool

My old man put them in professional for years, we never had one at home until my sister came along. Bought a used Wilkes he put up when new, re-used the original liner and everything. He liked Chlorine using a puck chlorinator, and he preferred DE filters. It was 20 years old when it was moved, and we got 10 out of it before a small liner leak which somehow happened at the bolt seem behind the aluminum deck post corroded it enough to fail in the spring one year. My dad was gone by this point but my
Mom wanted another one, after going without for a year, so we got a new one online that was 2 ft smaller than the other, put it up on the same pavers and sand, used the chlorinator over but switched to a sand filter. I missed the DE immediately but it took her time to miss it and she does now, the sand works but it’s more labor upkeep long term. Either way it gets used a lot by the kids, and I even get in it after baling hay or other dirty work outside instead of dragging the dirt in the house to shower. With a good skimmer and the water flow in a round pool, their isn’t much to keeping it clean with chlorine anyhow, I have heard horror stories about bacquicle(sp?) and heard salt is a PITA? Don’t know first hand about either, what we got works and on a side note is great for poison ivy too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)