AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A "what would you do"....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illfarmr2
Posted 6/10/2022 09:53 (#9699129 - in reply to #9699116)
Subject: I’ll admit. Back when I planted

And long before autosteer, my rows often wandered. One year, along a half mile property line, I put the first row right on the line or even a few inches over. The neighbor who farmed the adjacent ground also owned it went beserk. Yelled and screamed at me in public. He concluded by saying “I’ll fix your ass to stay on your side”. (What made this hilarious is his late father was known to plow onto our side, raise the plow, turn, lower the plow, and plow back onto his side, using our rows as his end rows. Yes, he was cranky, but also senile)

He borrowed a transom and helped his men set five big corner posts up on that half mile stretch of line. When planting, we both made big detours around the posts. You could see the giant ragweed from a mile away. He got mad, and started crowding it. He hit them with the planter several times, and they leaned like crazy. And more giant ragweed grew. He tore the end snout off of his cornhead one year, and more giant ragweed grew. After he died, his son pulled every line post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)