AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Biggest Rock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/8/2022 21:17 (#9697033 - in reply to #9696930)
Subject: RE: Biggest Rock

North of London
I had one I dug out after seeing it just at the surface about the size of a dinner plate but just even with surface.
Using loader bucket and finally got under it, rolled into bucket and I crawled on through the hole but could not pick it up so skidded the bucket to the woodlot and rolled it off y tipping bucket but could not lift it with the IH.

popped another one out with forks on loader went home for bucket and could not lift it at all and it was right at front of farm.
Neighbour came with his payloader and decided to take it home for a landscape stone rather than haul it to the stone pile at back of farm

I have an area along a stream that was never cleared of stone to plow because of all the big stones.
We have owned the farm for nearly 50 years now and I have slowly cleared the stones from most of it
Nice soil and when I get the big granite stones out of the way there are few stones to bother me but some of those just got rolled to edge of stream as I could not lift them with loader on IH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)