AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trailer house pad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 6/7/2022 05:56 (#9694160 - in reply to #9693546)
Subject: RE: Trailer house pad

I've had a few single wide trailers over the years. First one I lived in when I came back to ranch, others was for employees. I put a new one in 2015' for employee. Building inspector made me pour a 2'deep by 1' wide cement skirting footing, also made me put insulation board on outside of that cement because it only went down 2' to stop frost heaving. I also poured to cement runners the length of the beams under the house. I think they were 2' wide by 2' deep. We imbedded the mobile home anchors in that cement for the straps to secure house. I filled this all with gravel and compacted it hard, utilities came up though this pad. Then laid vapor barrier down on this. After having to frame wall to skirt the outside, I wished I would have just poured a footing/wall for outside and slid the house over it and set it down on wall. Just like they do a double wide, at the time buying framing and insulation, siding to skirt the trailer it would have been just about same money to just set it down on wall. Would have been lot better for freeze protection.

Our county will not allow a single wide trailer nor one of these tiny homes unless it's in a trailer park. However, if you needed one on the farm, you have to put a trailer park in. A trailer park consists of a minimum of three parking stalls and utilities put like a RV park would have. The building inspector was being a jerk and made me pour that big footing for skirting because I pushed county for variance to replace an old trailer, the one I first lived in when I came back to ranch. I was grandfathered into it. Took me two years of fighting to do it. I wanted them to be single wides for when the time came to remove them, didn't have to split the homes to move them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)