AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader STMM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/20/2022 09:03 (#9667675 - in reply to #9667504)
Subject: RE: Agleader STMM

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I was so that should not be the problem.

It seems as your problem then may be with the high current power. I understand you checked this. Be certain to check between the two pins and not to frame ground.

As I recall at least at one time, Ag Leader made two different implement cables.

One had the four small inner pins which are required for the CAN communication and one pair of outer large terminals that provided 12V power and ground direct from the vehicle battery. The implement end has the CAN connector and a pair of gray two pin Deutsch connectors which are equivalent. Use either or both gray connectors as they are wired in parallel.

Ag Leader also made another implement cable which is like the above but has another pair of outer large terminals. That pair leads to the black two pin Deutsch connector. The idea is that in situations that need several power sources, this black connector could be used to lessen the need to split the gray connectors several times and help carry the high current power better.

The power and ground on the black connector must be connected to the tractor battery with a stub battery cable on the tractor end of the display cable. This is a rather short cable that is connected to the tractor battery besides the original display connections and plugs into the tractor display cable. Without that stub there will be no power or ground on the black connector.

I believe you said you checked for High Current power, if you have and are using the black connector did you check for power between the two pins on the black connector? If there is no connection at the tractor there will be no power/ground on the black connector.

Edited by tedbear 5/20/2022 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)