AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader STMM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/20/2022 05:55 (#9667399 - in reply to #9667094)
Subject: RE: Agleader STMM

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MF3680 - 5/19/2022 20:51

I have an Agleader STMM on a Kinze 6 row that ran perfectly last year. This year I go to the field and it telling me no seed flow. After following the troubleshooting steps I have determined that I am not getting 8 volts to the sensors. Unplugging the auxiliary plug and I don't have 8 volts at the proper pins there either. I do have power at the high power connector and a flashing green light. I will say it has a new implement cable #4000726-12 since I robbed the other one for the wheat drill last fall. It is also a different Integra display than last year. Any ideas?

BTW I through in the original SM3000 monitor and all the sensors work fine.

The Ag Leader between the STTM and the original Kinze harness must be correct. There are several cables that would mate but are wired somewhat differently internally. Since it sounds as if this is a change this year, this would be my area of suspicion.

I would disconnect the new Ag Leader cable at the point where it connects to the original Kinze harness. Hold one connector in each hand so you can see the pins on one and the sockets on the other. Look at the Pins on one connector and the Sockets on the other. One should be a mirror image of the other.

I'm guessing the first pins such as 1-6 will have a corresponding socket for each pin as these pins are likely used for the row sensor signals As you proceed there will likely be several pins and their corresponding sockets that are empty. This is assuming your setup uses the common AMP 37 pin connectors at this point. Look further towards the higher numbered pins and sockets to see if they correspond. These higher numbered pins are used for Power and Ground for all the sensors. My guess is they will not be an exact match.

If this happens you need to get a different Ag Leader cable as the one you have is for a different frame harness. It likely was constructed properly but may be for a different planter.

Edited by tedbear 5/20/2022 05:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)