AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing 3010 hydraulic outlet o-rings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver
Posted 6/12/2009 22:35 (#743165 - in reply to #742980)
Subject: Re: Replacing 3010 hydraulic outlet o-rings

Shaftsbury, Vermont (SW VT)
I'm still learning after 11 years at the dealership. Every coupler I have resealed came in with a quad ring AND a backup ring. And I've always put them back that way. Is the backup ring only needed with an o-ring? Can the quad ring live alone? Sure might make my job easier.
Another question on later SCV's(late 20 series through 40 series); o-ring/backup ring vs. lip seal in the coupler body to seal the guts of the coupler. O-ring setup seems to last a lot longer, but the lip seal arrangement couples up easier. It also seems to leak quicker, especially when not under pressure. There is a serial number break, but no numbers given; only "after -XXXXXX" How can you tell which setup is supposed to be in there? As much as SCV's get swapped around it probably doesn't really matter which side of the break the tractor is on anyway. I usually prefer to stick the o-ring setup in, but sometimes I wind up with a coupler that is a bear to push in. What advice do you have on this? Thanks for any help. Oliver Durand

Edited by Oliver 6/12/2009 22:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)