AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Winter Project Pics - Homemade Self-Propelled Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jstroh
Posted 6/13/2009 08:38 (#743479 - in reply to #743463)
Subject: RE: Questions?

SCNE
Good questions and thanks for your interest. I'll try to answer the best I can.

1. The air conditioner condenser unit is in front of the radiator, yes.

2. The wheels are a 10 bolt pattern, but to get the proper dish for wheel spacing purposes I had them special made. I made phone call to Wold Rim and Wheel in St. Ansgar, Iowa with the dimensions I wanted and they came through in fine fashion.

3. Yes, I spray in 3rd, low side of high range. I only run about 2000 rpm when spraying so with hydro full ahead I can get about 10 mph out of it. If I crank it up to 2300 where I have high idle set it will go 11.5 mph in 3rd.

4. I use an Ace 204 hydraulic driven pump. The N combines are closed-center load-sensing hydraulics so I pulled a pressure line directly off the discharge of the hydraulic pump to feed a motorized flow control valve with flow range from 0 to 3 GPM. I also had to run a load sense line back to the load sense port on the pump. With the motorized flow control valve I can speed up and slow down the hydraulic spray pump, right from the cab, to get in the desired pressure range for my rate control equipment to perform properly. I also run an agitation line right from the discharge of the spray pump which gives more than enough flow for proper agitation. I have found when spraying Glyphosate that I need to shut down the valve that I have in the agitation line to prevent the product from foaming when the tank gets near empty.

5. I was going to build my own boom and raise lower linkage and use the feederhouse cylinders. But then I bought the Fast boom on a sale. It had its own raise/lower linkage and cylinder, so all I had to do was built a pair of rigid arms from the front axle extending forward to carry the frame part of the boom which would normally be carried by a tractor 3 pt. hitch. Buying the boom saved me a lot of time and I needed every bit of it to get it ready by spring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)