AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machine shed builders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 6/11/2009 14:00 (#741297 - in reply to #740361)
Subject: Re: Machine shed builders

Last time I shopped, Wick beat all comers for price with decent quality. All screwed tin doesn't leak. Lester bought Bonanza, my first one. Others charge extra for screws through the tin. Morton quoted 30% higher than Wick.

Cleary quotes rise a great deal when you push them to a snow load rating appropriated for Iowa. Some municipalities reportedly won't allow Cleary.

The last time I wanted a new building, I went to the farm shows and the state fair with a set of plans in hand and asked for quotes. Morton did a quote on the spot, the places selling steel frames never got back to me, whether farm show or state fair.

Some use one bolt or a couple nails and a diagonal brace to attach trusses to posts, some nestle posts between the layers of a laminated post (treated wood in the ground and a few feet above ground) with multiple large bolts. Besides steel thickness, there are differences in structural strength.

One other problem I had was I specified a 16' door opening. Most quoted a 16' eave which limits doors to 14' They need to have the requirements imprinted on their face, I guess.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)