AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planter monitor headaches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerbk
Posted 6/10/2009 21:39 (#740295)
Subject: planter monitor headaches

Seymour, IL
I am hoping this forum can help me find some answers for a frustrating problem...

I have a Kinze 2600 16/31 with the KPM 3000 monitor. it has a bad habit of going off indicating no seed drop in rows, but when I go to check it is dropping seed just fine. There is no pattern I can discern over which rows will go off, may be one, two or four. Scattered across the planter. not necessarily in line with each other/ Sometimes shutting off the monitor and restarting it can take care of the problem. and replacing the sensor always makes the problem go away.

after last year I sent the monitor off to be repaired. came back as nothing was wrong, and with the note to check connections. Planted about 2 hours with it this year when it began its foolish ways again. I was able to get ahold of a different monitor, installed it, and all the problems were nearly erased. (problem with two rows on the last day, disconnecting one row made the problems go away)

I have pulled the wires from inside the frame, all ok. checked connections, appear ok. Followed wires through the fold and can find no apparent problem. I still think it may be a monitor problem as a replacement monitor seemed to eliminate the problem.

Sensors are expensive, but not as bad as a new harness. would really prefer to get this figured out, figure I have spent about 1500 in sensors in last three years to plant only about 1000 acres max (we have been using the planter for beans only)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

bryon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)