AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truck laws.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

eth555
Posted 6/10/2009 20:25 (#740194 - in reply to #739350)
Subject: Re: Truck laws.

SE MN
Sledge what is the issue you are fighting? You did not state they said you needed a CDL? Did you have equipment violations? I do not think we have enough information on what your situation is? But the law is if you farm, which IS a business, and you are using a truck and trailer that goes over 10,000 GVWR for the furtherance of that business you ARE a commercial vehicle. The fact that you are a farmer in the state of MN and like MNRyeGrower said you get certain exemptions from the regulations other commercial vehicles do not get; if you stay inside the mileage radius and in state. I do know that farmers are NOT exempt from equipment standards like brakes, tires, load securement, ect... I for one would hate my family to be driving down the road with any person hauling something with equipment problems that could cause a life threatening situation. The fact is DOT is out there because too many people just let stuff go, bad tires, bad brakes or no brakes on trailers, causing a hazardous situation on the roads.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)