AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for a new 4 wheeler, lets hear opinions please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Brad J
Posted 6/10/2009 22:54 (#740463 - in reply to #738589)
Subject: Re: Time for a new 4 wheeler, lets hear opinions please.

Tangent, OR
Suzuki Vinson 500, as i've said here, no comparison . These are head and shoulders above the others for a 5-speed bike. Bought this after Dad got the quadrunner 500 which is the predecessor to this one. New tires are a must, the stock tires are trash. Mine has a pipe, jet, Goodyear mudrunner tires (stock size), and full skidplates and will play with the 700' cc bikes. Mine is a 5 speed, high/low range. They are now replaced by a 450cc fuel injected model. The Suzuki's were less than the hondas and had more features when dad got his in '98. I bought mine lightly used in '06 and havent had a problem yet in 1500 miles. I could use bigger tires, this runs out of clearance making ditches in the winter which is why it now has 200' of winch cable so i have a better chance of reaching something once I bottom out. It is a good water and oil cooled workhorse, then it will play hard when you go off the farm. Suzuki motors are faultless, we have had issues with the old one's rear-end going out related to corrosion of the aluminum housing from fertilizer. And some electrical problems that I think were fertilizer related as well. It pulls a ground driven spreader where it's too wet for the floaters to come out.

Take a close look at the Suzukis, I've spent ample time on comperable Hondas, polaris, and the JD Bucks, and there is no comparison. Tighter turning radius too.

Edited by Brad J 6/10/2009 23:08

(IMG_0485.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0485.JPG (30KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)