AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

36 row planter stuck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 6/4/2009 21:32 (#732953 - in reply to #732758)
Subject: RE: 36 row planter stuck - Wheres Plowboy :)

Brazilton KS

Scott's right for the most part.  The sprayer is, or at least originally was a Knight demount.   It was imported and sold by the company Pudding used to work for, and they build a number of their own sprayers which were based on this one.   It originally had 78 3/4 ft (24m) booms, shortened to 75' by the previous owners, lengthened to 80' by me, then put back and lengthened in a different spot to 80' again, then eventually thrown away and replaced by the 80' AG-CHEM copy that is on it in the pictures, which was designed by me and built by me and a friend who has a welding shop, and more time then I had at the time.  European's apparently do not know how to build a sprayer boom...it was an engineering masterpiece but it was massively over-complex and might have been adequate for operating at 5mph on a pool table.  I don't know how many times I had to get the service truck into a field to put it back together.  I have welded on mine design very little in six years.  The tank is, I assume, built by Knight.  Actually I don't have to assume because it has a cert plate on it, but I don't remember if I have ever paid attention to the mfg on the plate.  It holds 2000 l which is about 550 gallons.  The two foamer tanks are no longer on the front, and I now have a 200 gallon tank in their place. There is a 30 gallon rinse tank on top.  Crop clearance is the bottom of the tractor, which is pretty close to the center of the axle now that I have the drawbar and all the hitch frame removed.  If I remember right the tires are 59" in diameter, so crop clearance is something like 27".  It was considerably less before I pulled all the hitch crap off the bottom.  I've ran it through corn which was taller then the tires. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)