AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8130 Pulling Planter (follow up)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

poffey
Posted 6/3/2009 23:42 (#732083 - in reply to #731626)
Subject: RE: JD 8130 Pulling Planter (follow up)

Mt. Pulaski, IL
After sending email to dtac at jd telling them the engine checked out fine at 202 hp. The specks called for it to be 202, so it checked out fine. Got a response back from deere to check the fuel delivery and for all kinds of engine problems. This is after we told them they had already done all of those things. It is like they didn't even read the email, just saw lack of power and replied with the first thing on the list.

I can get about .2 of a mile per hour more out of it if I run with the IVT knob in the off position. If I run the speed control at 5.8 I can sometimes get 5.4 out of it with the splitters down in no till. Sometimes it pulls down to 4.6 with the engine pulling down. Dealer says hydraulics on the 1790 with all three fans running can take up to 40 hp. However, I have 202 pto hp with converts to about 250 engine hp, which in my estimation and most everyones posts on here should be plenty to pull the planter. Like I said earlier, with the splitters up, 6.4 was the most I got out of it. Just wouldn't go any faster.

We are leaning to a problem with the IVT. Going down the road with the planter, it will pull down from 26mph on a slight incline on the road and on one section of road coming out of the bottom is a pretty steep incline for about 100 feet on a blacktop and when I get to the top of it, I will be down to 10 mph to keep it from dieing.

Really frustrating!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)