AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where do all these stupid stories come from?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 6/1/2009 01:47 (#728928 - in reply to #727715)
Subject: Re: Where do all these stupid stories come from?

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
Where to start--

The machines we run are "black". Common parts to the Gleaner RXX. Same as A6X and A7X.

Material quality and assembly

Rotor shells wearing out 1500 E hours. Can stick a pocket knife through them. I guess we keep St John in business.
Two feeder chains at 1500 E hours. Manchesters...
Worn out rotor casing (the top above the concaves)
Eats cleaning shoes (cause they are not put together square). Bout every 500 hrs Agco gives us new ones.
Eating shoes is hard on sieves. Running a plastic harvest services now-very happy. Lighter sieve seems to help shoe life.
Unhardened feederhouse sprockets
Put together with steel hydraulic lines against the frame. That is nice when you wear out a SMALL one at night and spew it out on the side of the combine for 3 hours before you realize you have a problem when the beepers go off. Turns out all the machines have that particular defect.
Eats engine serpintines at 66 bucks a shot. Replaced tightner, thought maybe spring was weak-no dice. All bearings good.
AC sucks
Assembled with holes you can drop a quarter by three inch flat iron through.
Bin fill auger drive is a joke
Pulley and sprocket aligntment out of the factory is a joke.
Tightner systems are crap. Throwing chopper belts cause the spring comes off in 140 bushel green wheat will just make your afternoon.
Clean grain auger does not seal into elevator boot from new. Might hold wheat and corn, but sure not millet and canola

That is a start. Best designed machine on the market. And we don't have any trouble keeping them in the field. Performance is great. Just have to patch all the holes and fix the factory screwups before you take it out the first time. Maybe we are too picky.

I really don't think some of those things should be a problem at our hours. And I hate the idea that it takes me longer to get a nearly new machine ready for the field than a 9000 hr 860. For the same up time. Year two is the best year out of these machines. Then you are in for fixing things that should be built heavier. Agco can take their Brazil built cores and stick them you know where...

For performance and cost I won't say we will not own another one--but I am sure listening to anyone who wants to talk. Since Agco sure does not want to fix THEIR issues...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)