AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeedStar 2 Monitor Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 6/6/2009 23:12 (#735118 - in reply to #734981)
Subject: Re: SeedStar 2 Monitor Questions

WCIL
I ran the 2600 for seedstar 2 and autotrac on our ATU200. Didn't have any problems with the monitor that caused downtime. At first we didn't have the radar on the 8300 hooked up to the greenstar wiring harness we installed and that caused the monitor not to show any seed sensors. The biggest gripes I've had and heard about the monitor is the full screen warnings for rows not planting. When you come to the end and raise the planter the whole screen goes to a warning that the following rows aren't planting. You can hit the ignore sensors button and it will go away for a few seconds but will pop back up. If you are autotracking on A-B lines it's no problem cause you don't really need to see the screen while on the endrows. When I used the adaptive curves autotrac it was a bit of a problem because I needed to see the screen to see which line the autotrac was going to drive on. We didn't have row shutoff on the planter this year, but might add tru-counts next year. One nice thing is the beeping noise on the 2600 is a lot nicer than most planter monitors we've had in the past. We've used the 250 monitor on our previous 7200 planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)