AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeedStar 2 Monitor Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 5/25/2009 16:00 (#722563)
Subject: SeedStar 2 Monitor Questions

WCIL
We've got an 09 1770NT, ground drive, maxemerge xp row units. We are using the 2600 display for the planter monitor. I've got two questions for others using the 2600 for the seedstar 2 monitor.

When watching the planter at a glance screen how much do the individual row units move on your screens? At times I can get things to stay quite and not move much off the line where my target rate is set at. Other times it seems like the individual units are moving up and down quite a bit. I've played with the vac pressure which sometimes helps. Just curious what others are seeing and what should be considered normal.

The second question is when I look at the map of the seeds/ac applied it seems to be a very colorful map. I have my legend setup so that a change in color represents a change of 1,000 seeds/ac. It moves up and down quite a bit aswell and each half of the planter moves independtly. I setup the legend so that if I'm planting at 32,000/ac one color range goes from 31500 to 32500. When I get back in the field I might try setting the range to more like 1500 or 2000 seeds per color break and see what that looks like. When I watch the average seeds/ac on the main planter screen it doesn't move that much.

In the past we've just had the basic computrac monitors and now with the ability to see an as applied map and the planter at a glance it has made me wonder if things have always looked like this or if we don't have something set right on the planter. The stands so far have been ok. Some fields were not planted in ideal conditions which have affected stands and 5.5 inches of rain in 24 hours have hindered stands as well. I would like to throw in a 20/20 monitor next to it and see what it says the population is doing, but that won't be happening this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)