AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Safety-throw away your old wood blocks (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 5/24/2009 03:04 (#721402 - in reply to #721124)
Subject: Re: Safety-throw away your old wood blocks (pics)

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
I am relatively pleased with the machine. In easy thrashing wheat or slightly damp conditions that machine will really eat. Out cut any class six on the market, unless it is a NH-never run with one, so no experience there. Tougher thrashing stuff in really dry conditions shoe load is a BIG problem. The fan just does not move enough air to keep the chaff afloat. And losses add up...

Agco assembly also leaves some things to be desired. Pulley and sprocket alignment can really throw belts and limit life. If someone has not spent some time lining things up-plan on spending some time at that. And patching holes. Our main leaks were around the stone trap and behind the front beater.

Sieve life is also not good. Have to run the darned thing too wide open. And it shakes apart. We bought a plastic harvest services sieve out of Canada-and so far I could care less if I ever see a metal water sieve....

Otherwise very solid. Easy to work on. That long rotor really shines in grain quality and rotor loss issues. Easy to work on. IF you have more questions don't hesitate to shoot me an email and we can visit on the phone some time
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)