AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3600 lifting problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

houndog
Posted 5/17/2009 10:33 (#716271)
Subject: Kinze 3600 lifting problem

NC Ohio
We got a new to us 3600 16/31 planter for putting beans in. We took it out yesterday to try and we are having trouble with it lifting really slow. We have a 2600 12 row that we use for corn and it comes right up with the same tractor that we are using on the 3600. When we go to fold it and hold the raise switch on the control box it will go up fine. But after rephasing the clylinders and planting with it it will come out of ground good but is really slow raising it after that. It just barely lifts it high enough to get units out of ground then it is really slow. It will lift all the way up when we turn but you have to stop and wait on it. I can not think it is a tractor hyd. problem because when we fold it up and hold the raise switch on the control box it lifts it fine. Any ideas where to look? I am thinking maybe a problem with one of the lift cylinders on the end wheels maybe ? It seems to lift evenly when we are planting just really slow. I realize it is heavler than are 12 row but why would it pick it up fine when we are folding it up for transport and not pick it up very well while planting. Plus it seems to start picking up fine until it barely gets out of ground then it just gets really slow. It is a new to us planter so not sure what problems it could have. Thanks for any help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)