AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jbweston HID light question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

blakezr2
Posted 5/17/2009 16:54 (#716567 - in reply to #716487)
Subject: A possable flood light

WC Iowa
I just thought about a flood light, so I tried it out. On our 9670 STS combines, the outside lights on the cab are flood lights. There are 2 minor problems, #1- The light mounts from the top on the combine making the lens upside down for a regular mount. I just took it off of the combine and tried shining it against the wall then flipping it upside down (the way it will mount on the tractor for me) and looked for a beam pattern difference. The only difference is that it puts a little more light below the main beam when it is mounted originally but its a very slight diffenece. #2- the mountings that bolt to the combine are kinda funky and a 2 bolt deal. I am just swapping the trapizoid light on the fender of an 8420 to this flood light and not using the metal bracket so it wont bother me, but if you were to want to use the metal bracket, you Would need to do some modifications or just build a new one. By JDParts online the part # is AH212522 it says its the light for Positions 1&6 so that should be the one. I'll be going down the the tractor later tonight and ill try this setup out and see how it works with the HID bulbs.

light

Case IH farmer the boot part # is R175462 and the O ring band thing to hold it on is R252736

Just a thought for other lights, www.sloanex.com sell the slightly smaller Speaker 3x5 ovals like the rear on JD combines in floods and traps for $20. They take the 880/881 bulb type so you would need a different HID kit but they would work too and are a slightly smaller lamp.
I should have started selling kits like we are talking about 2 years ago when i started putting HIDs in our tractors lights, i could have made enough money to afford to quit early and not have to use lights.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)