AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fix old lawn mower or buy new?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 3/16/2008 18:31 (#335328 - in reply to #335226)
Subject: RE: Fix old lawn mower or buy new?

Mid Michigan
John, I would probably pass on the older mower if you are able to let it go. I did the older mower for about 10 years out here mowing a little over 2 acres and it was fun at first but got old really quick. I had two Cub Cadets that I would stagger back and forth with. I bought them both used and fixed them up and they were both really nice. One was a 1000 model IH with a 10 horse kohler and a 44 inch deck. Nice but needed tlc to keep it that way. Other was a 1315 cub cadet made by mtd that was 12.5 hp with a 38 inch deck. It was nice and very handy to use but was light duty and the transaxle went bang in it one day. It is still in the barn. The 1000 was sold also. I finally saved and saved and saved and went out and bought a new Toro Z master with a 52 inch deck and 23 hp kohler. I think it is one of the only items I can say has actually paid back in saved time and has paid for itself. My mowing time went from an agonizing 2-1/2 hours of bent over back killing slow motion to a very quick 45-50 minute very good seating position enjoyable experience. And it does a nicer job to boot. It mows so fast it saves a little gas too. Not good on gas, just isn't running very long. If it last me 3000 hours that will be 30 years as I only put 100 hours a year on it. Should last me a lifetime. This machine is very heavy duty and weighs around 1000 lbs. Just don't use it around the edge of a pond or you will possibly be swimming. Slides sideways very easy on wet turf. I know where you are and have pondered the cheap mower, old mower, TSC mowers, you name it. After you see what a Zero Radius mower will save you in precious summer time you will wish you never saw the Husky! So I would do whatever it takes to get one, take a second job delivering pizza's or sell everything you absolutely don't need but get a ZTR mower. You will love it. later.

(ZMOWER (450 x 300).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ZMOWER (450 x 300).jpg (66KB - 90 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)