AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wondering on a Steak Feed Fundraiser??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 3/12/2011 20:22 (#1666744 - in reply to #1666417)
Subject: RE: Wondering on a Steak Feed Fundraiser??

Embarrass WI

Snowmobile club near here has a steak fry every summer. It costs $50/couple, that includes steak or fried chicken, there are potatoes and vegetables and salads, most club members bring a dish to pass. The $50 also gets you in a raffle with cash prizes(fairly large-$500 down to $100) plus a whole bunch of donated door prizes. There is also a free beer trailer and free soda, I think it is limited to 250 couples, if you want a ticket you have to buy it months ahead.

The steaks are, I would guess, 8-10 ounces, but you are not limited to one. They have a few extra and serve them until gone. Local butcher cuts them a deal on meat, chicken is bought at a reduced rate, labor is all volunteer, I was told the club clears $5-6K that evening.

Our church has a broasted chicken feed, local Broaster dealer(church member) brings in a portable broaster and fries chicken and potatoes, church members donate desserts. They keep doing it, so it must work out OK.

Now, during Lent, the church youth group is going to have Soup Suppers on Wednesday nights from 4-6, Lenten service is at 6:30. Admission is $5. Easter morning the mens group has breakfast right after the Sunrise Service, free will donations

Edited by Tim in WI 3/12/2011 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)