AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 8R Hydraulic Schematic Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/13/2024 08:42 (#10705023 - in reply to #10704914)
Subject: RE: Deere 8R Hydraulic Schematic Help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It is my opinion that load sense for the regular SCVs is all handled internally and you would not be able to see them from the outside world.

Were your hydraulics misbehaving that caused your concern? If they are behaving properly I would say that you are fine.

Generally Power Beyond is not used unless all the SCVs are already needed for some other task. Around here that would generally be with planters since most of them require a lot of hydraulics.

The exception that I've seen is with my tractors with an add on external steering valve since the load sense loop is permanently attached and "hard" plumbed into the tractor. The load sense line on my 8310 and 8120 have the small load sense line attach to the top cover plate of the SCV stack in the area that you have circled. With the auto steer kit for the 8310, I remember that were four choices for an orifice to insert in that line where it was threaded to the cover on the SCV stack.

This reminds me that the first Auto Steer system I had was installed on the 8120. It still has that external steering valve. Due to a misunderstanding, the external load sense line was connected to the wrong port into the plate on top of the SCV stack. The auto steer seemed to work fine when calibrating and testing. When I went to plant with the tractor and used the SCV for the Vac fan, the front wheels would turn on their own and I was not able to steer manually unless I shut off the SCVs.

Since I was at a distant farm and wanted to plant, I unplugged the electrical connectors from the external steering valve but the front wheels would still move back/forth on their own. I then took the hydraulic lines off to the external valve and plugged those lines. I was then able to plant but had to steer manually.

Later it was discovered that the load sense line was connected to the wrong place on top the valve stack. After moving it to the correct location, the steering and other hydraulics worked fine. When the load sense line was attached incorrectly, oil apparently was back feeding through the valve and fighting the normal steering.

So to sum up your situation. I don't think you have the item circled in your picture. I don't think you need it at this time. In the future you may need it depending on how Power Beyond will be used. I think the drawing is showing that an external load sense line COULD be attached there when needed.

Edited by tedbear 4/13/2024 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)