AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Workers comp.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Notofthisworld
Posted 5/24/2023 08:53 (#10241562)
Subject: Workers comp.

I’ve about googled until I’m blue in the face. But basically all that pops up is adds for lawyers.

Does anyone here know anything about workers comp? I was injured at work a few months ago. (Almost lost an eye). I’ve recovered for the most part, but have permanent issues that will cause problems down the road. I didn’t loose anytime at work. My boss and team covered what I couldn’t do from my phone. I got way behind on my farming(small operation about 350 acres in low value area), there was about 2 weeks where I couldn’t leave the house and another 2 where I couldn’t bend or lift and another 2 of light duty. Anyways friends and family helped me with what absolutely had to be done.

I was told from the get go that I should get a lawyer, but I’m not that kinda guy. I don’t want my employer to think I’m mad at them, because it’s not their problem. But now I’m starting to get past due notices from basically everyone who worked on me that I didn’t pay cash to out of pocket. I’m on probably my 4th workers comp contact person, I’m not sure why someone else keeps calling telling me they are my new contact. I’ve sent them everything they asked for, my wife is detail oriented. After opening a mailbox full of past due notices we emailed them yesterday and they responded by telling us we had to get an explanation on each bill from the doctor (that was not part of the process a month ago). Anyways I’m worried that I’m being jerked around. There might be 20k of medical bills here, including a surgery center I had to pay out of pocket (doesn’t take workers comp). Besides all the cheap follow up visits all my care was emergency stuff, so none of it was preapproved by workers comp.

I’ve never hired a lawyer before so I don’t know if they would cost more money than just trying to settle for cash with the doctor worst case scenario? I had originally thought they would just pay stuff. And now my doctor is telling me that I’m going to have to be checked out every year and I already have cataracts starting that will need addressed at some point. I don’t have the cash to pay a lawyer and the bills. I’m really unsure what to do at this point. Should I give it more time to work out or explore doing something? Maybe I’m getting nervous about it too soon?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)