AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Workers comp.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Notofthisworld
Posted 5/26/2023 09:36 (#10244314 - in reply to #10243922)
Subject: RE: Workers comp.

We didn’t have a claim number yet since it was emergency. The ER wanted money, and I know how the medical system treats people who can’t pay. So we figured handing over the insurance card was the only way to make sure I got the care I needed. I had to pre pay the surgery center out of pocket for the centers fee because they don’t take workers comp even with a claim. Getting bills from doctor and anesthesia from them. I had to go to the eye doctor to get checked every day for a couple weeks. We have become friends so his office isn’t really hounding me, but they don’t bill workers comp directly either.

But the ER is not sending me bills, wife got that straight with them and regular health insurance long ago and I haven’t heard a peep from them.

Yesterday my wife copied the email they sent us regarding how to get all the surgery center and eye doctor bills paid plus what I spent out of pocket. and copied what we provided them that matched exactly. Pointed out what they are wanting now wasn’t in the information they requested and that we are getting past due notices on bills that we were assured they would take care of. My wife is getting pretty much immediate email responses from them now. Previously it was several days. We decided to only do business with them by email for now so we have records of everything.

What do people do who live paycheck to paycheck? The painlevel I had before my surgery was enough to make you not want to live. All I could do to get by was pray even on morphine. My optic nerve would have been shot if I had waited even half a day for workers comp to approve something.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)