AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking for prayer and counting my blessings.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GDAD
Posted 6/18/2022 10:37 (#9710874)
Subject: Asking for prayer and counting my blessings.

N.E. MO
Sorry for the long post.
Wednesday morning, my fit and healthy 48 year old wife suffered a stroke at a chiropractic visit in Hannibal, MO. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Hannibal. I was running a D8T dozer about 40 minutes away when I got the call and rushed down there. They gave her TCP ("clot buster") there at Hannibal and put her on a helicopter to University Hospital in Columbia, which is where I'm sitting right now. She had a 37 minute ride in the chopper and I made the 2 hour drive in an hour and a half.
She spent the first 24+ hours in the Neuro ICU and is now in a regular room. Her team of doctors seem fantastic.
We are very fortunate. Her mind is still sharp as a tack. However, she is suffering with quite a bit of motor skill and mobility issues and is having trouble focusing her vision. The prognosis is that most, if not all of this will be recoverable, but it will take therapy and time. She will be transferred to an in-patient facility (Rusk Rehab) here in Columbia, once she is able to leave the hospital. The weekend and this new fangled holiday on Monday are holding up the insurance authorization process right now, so it will likely be Tuesday at the earliest.
I'm very fortunate that the the farmer I work for is so supportive. We're still trying to get the crop in, with the terribly wet spring we've had. He told me to not give work a thought right now and just focus on getting Tammy better. Told me just to use my farm pickup and fuel. I don't even know where our pickup is right now. Still parked at the chiropractor office in Hannibal somewhere. Also told me to have my elderly parents who have many health issues themselves to call him first if they need anything at all while we're unable to be there to help them.
We have basically no family in this area where we live, other than my parents. But Tammy has a big family, most of whom are in the Tucson area. But we have many friends who are like family. We've had such an outpouring of love and support. It's been a full time job for me, fielding calls and texts from everyone and giving progress updates.
If you'd asked me Wednesday morning to list 1000 things that would happen that day, this wouldn't have made the list. But I'm so very thankful that things are going this way now. Could have turned out far worse.

(36EB0BB3-F8EA-47F9-BDDF-E13F263B3882 (full).jpeg)

(67C4798E-D937-40C2-9A87-CEBDEECFCE9F (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 36EB0BB3-F8EA-47F9-BDDF-E13F263B3882 (full).jpeg (116KB - 370 downloads)
Attachments 67C4798E-D937-40C2-9A87-CEBDEECFCE9F (full).jpeg (171KB - 310 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)