AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1590 calibraton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MARIE
Posted 5/6/2009 12:35 (#704853)
Subject: JD 1590 calibraton

EC WI
I just started planting soybeans with my new JD 1590 drill. I am planting soybeans with a seed size of 2600 seeds/lb. at about 5.5 mph. I would like to plant about 200,000 seeds per acre. I originally set the drill per the chart in the manual to obtain this population and filled the drill to the top with seed. I planted a few acres refilled the drill and calculated that I was planting at about the target rate. I then planted about 20 acres refilled the drill again and found I was planting only about 156,000 seeds per acre. I increase the setting on the drill, planted about 15 more acres and found I was planting about 179,000 seeds per acre. It is raining today so I can not continue with my planting but would like to get close to my target rate soon.

For those of you using a 1590 drill how close does the rate chart compare to your actual meter setting? Do you have to change the meter setting when your seed size or planting speed changes?

I am thinking I would like to add SI meters to the drill to get a more accurate seeding rate. I am used to planting beans with a planter, setting the planter at a specific meter rate and seeing that rate show on the monitor.

Thanks,

Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)