AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else getting calls from nasty tool telemarketers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Orin
Posted 5/6/2009 01:00 (#704488 - in reply to #704401)
Subject: RE: Anyone else getting calls from nasty tool telemarketers?

Nusbaum Farms LLC Bellfountain, OR
Yeah, I hate those too. I had a guy calling my cell about every month a while back. I'd answer the phone and get "Hey Orin, how's the weather up there? Last we talked, you were standing in a mud puddle." and he'd basically try to make like he was my best buddy. The first time he caught me off guard, as I was thinking he actually was someone I should know, and I actually DO spend most of the winter in a mud puddle. Then I made the mistake of ordering a couple air hoses from him, (turned out to be a ok deal actually, nice Goodyear rubber hoses, kind of a loss leader I think) and he called 2x per month for a while after that. I finally just got sick of it and told him not to call anymore. As I recall, he was griping pretty hard as I closed the phone that time, but I haven't heard from him since. One red flag for me was that I never could get him to send me a catalog. And it was usually the same crap every time. Ratchet straps, 3/4" socket set, 1/2 drill....and never with a brand name either. I'm thinking that Harbor Freight quality might have looked good compared to his stuff.

I have less patience for that crap every day. I should just ignore calls without ID, but one of my landlords and a couple other people I do business with have blocked ID's for some reason, so I usually just answer them rather than having to retrieve a voice mail.

-Orin

Edited by massey760man 5/6/2009 01:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)