AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else getting calls from nasty tool telemarketers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JoBob
Posted 5/5/2009 23:35 (#704401)
Subject: Anyone else getting calls from nasty tool telemarketers?

West Central Wisconsin
Got a phone call Monday 8:57 PM from an "Unknown number". Typically I don't answer calls from this origination but for some reason I did. The fellow at the other end sounded like he could have been a long lost buddy of mine and converstion went something like this; "Hey.. hey Joe, hows it going"? I replied," OK, what are you selling"? "Well hey we have alot of tools here that I'm sure you could use". "I'm on the NO-CALL LIST how do you people get around that", I asked. "We call people at their business number". I said, " really, now what business would that be"? "Ahhhh the Joe Rudy............business". I politely told him to remove my name from his business list and was about to hang up when I heard him say, "what now I'm an a$$hole?........I didn't f--- your wife or anything". After picking my jaw off from the floor from what I just heard I was able to ask, "excuse me"? "I'm just trying to make a living here selling tools YOU don't have to be an a$$hole about it"! I replied, "I'm not the one swearing at customers now am I"? "Tell you what", I said, "give me your phone number and I'll call you back when I have a little more time". "Yah right, and you'll buy a bunch of tools from me right...yah what a jerk". I told him again to remove my number from his list and when I was hanging up I could here him mumbling yah, yah, yah.
I stood there for a couple of minutes in shock and looked in the phone book for options. *57 would trace the number but the phone co. would not release the number to me unless I took legal action basically. So I pressed *69 which calls back the last incoming phone number to which I got a recording that said there was not enough time to record the last incoming number. So if any of you get a telemarketer selling tools from someone sounding like a good buddy of yours get a little info, company name, phone number, website, etc. I would sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, Joe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)