AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RE: CDL for farm trucks posted below.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Quartlow
Posted 5/2/2009 21:56 (#701072 - in reply to #699271)
Subject: Re: RE: CDL for farm trucks posted below.....

I haven't read the KS laws posted here, But coming from a truck driver point of view. Whats the big deal? Go get a cdl and be done with it. It's like being married, you learn to pick your battles.

Now what I'm about to say isn't meant to make you mad,,but, If you want to drive a truck, you should have the same license everyone else has to have. It's not rocket science. I feel you should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

I'll give you an example of picking battles
You should be in my boat, I live in Ohio, Brother lives in PA We farm both places under the same name. We truck equipment back and forth all the time. Farm trailers in PA are not required to be plated as long as your only using it to move your own equipment or product. Try explaining that to an Ohio cop :D . We ended up in court 3 times, all 3 times the judge tossed it since the truck pulling the trailer was plated in PA. Rather than waste time going to court and trying to educate every cop for miles we put PA permanent plates on all the trailers Yeah it costs $135 IIRC. but its a one time fee and the plate is good forever.

Just go get a CDL, get air brake endorsement, your good to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)