AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8400 oil pressure warnings & codes, need help????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J & R Ranch
Posted 4/29/2009 18:52 (#697353)
Subject: JD 8400 oil pressure warnings & codes, need help????

SE South Dakota
Our 8400 is showing no oil pressure and the stop warning light will come on. We have replaced the sender unit (twice) and checked the oil pressure with another guage (we have good oil pressure). We have 5 volts at two of the three wires to the sender which is what the shop told me I should have. The other wire is the signal wire which goes back to the Engine Controller Unit ($1500). The mechanic told me it could be a bad wire from the sender to the ECU box or the box itself.
This has been going on for about a year where about every 2 months it would act up when you had been using the tractor and would shut it off for fuel or something, then when you would start it there would be no oil pressure on the guage and the stop warning light would flash. Before we would just shut the tractor off and restart it a few times and then it would work, but now we can't resolve it doing that.
Any one else have a similar problem like this? For now I belive we are just going to put a automotive type guage on in place of the sender so we can keep an eye on the oil pressure. The shop is busy and need the tractor now otherwise we would just take it in.

If memory serves the code was CCU 20 (low oil pressure).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)