AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anhydrous applicator doesn't shut off or turn on quickly.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 4/27/2009 12:12 (#694594)
Subject: Anhydrous applicator doesn't shut off or turn on quickly.

Mid-Missouri
After running the 15 shank applicator for several years, I decided I would like to improve it from leaking so much on endrows. I need help in determining why I have so much lost anhydrous. It has a RIchardey john setup. If I recall correctly, from the tank, it goes through a flowmeter and valve, then divides into two vertical round "tanks" which I think are termed coldflow? From these two tanks, the anhydrous goes to the left manifold and right manifold and from the manifold to each knife. It seems when you get to the headland, you need to turn the electric flow valve off many many feet ahead of time or leave the applicator halfway in the ground to keep from losing the leftover product that remains between the knife and flow valve. Each manifold has a pressure gauge on top for visual reference. What can I do to make the system more defined when it turns on and off. I think a sort of valve right before the two manifolds would really help because it would be that much closer to the knife but does anybody do this? Would it put to much pressure on the system from the manifold to the pull behind tank? Currently an old RIchardey john djccs 100? and djcms 100? monitor controls this applicator and if a GS2 2600 could take its place I would be for it. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)