AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Diabetics here that read?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 4/28/2009 22:24 (#696363 - in reply to #694760)
Subject: RE: Here ya go Combine momma........it gets even better.......

North Central Iowa
Rich,

I've been insulin dependent for 20+ years (turned 21 in the hospital after being diagnosed). I've muddled along all these years with different injection regimes, and not really doing a good job of taking care of myself. Always on the roller coaster of high's and low's. Last year I started on a pump. What a difference. My blood sugar is much, much more stable, my A1c's are under 7.0 for the first time in twenty years. It takes a little more work, but believe me it's worth it! I keep hoping for "the cure", but in all honesty, there are far worse disease's one can have. I would highly recommend that your daughter consider pumping. The technology available in the new pumps puts the MDI (multiple daily injection) therapy to shame. Some pumps are even capable of monitoring blood sugar levels continuously and giving warnings if sugars get out of range high or low. This technology is very expensive, but insurance companies are coming around to paying for more of it. The pumps are no problem, but the continuous monitoring is still considered experimental by some. If I can answer any questions, e-mail's in the profile. I'll answer if I'm not in the field.

Greg
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)