AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work On Sunday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 4/26/2009 17:25 (#693632 - in reply to #693085)
Subject: RE: Work On Sunday

Rivers, MB
We don't work on Sundays. Never have, doubt we ever will. It is hard to sit on your hands on a gorgeous harvest day when everyone around you is harvesting with rain looming. I trust that God will take care of us in the future just as he has in the past. However, I don't look down on people that do. They have made that choice and who am I to judge whether their ox is in the well or not because Jesus is not clear as to what constitutes an emergency. I would rather err on the side of too much grace than be too legalistic.

Regarding custom app being done on our field on Sunday. We will never ask someone to work for us on a Sunday but if they choose to do our field on Sunday, we will not ask them to not do our field. If their schedule dictates that our field is next or their manpower is available that day, if they choose to do it, I'm fine with that. I don't want to impose my beliefs on someone else.

Regarding eating in restaurant on Sunday. I think it comes back to choice. The restaurant has chosen to be open so I have no problem eating there. If all restaurants/gas stations chose to be closed on sundays, I would not be banging on their door demanding them to open up.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)