AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building and air brake system. ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 4/25/2009 09:22 (#692317)
Subject: Building and air brake system. ?

Hi all. If you have a minute to spare, I am needing to put together an air brake system basically from scratch. I have a pair of axles with air "wedge" brakes and a sprayer with an air compressor that should keep up...............thats it, the rest I need to put together and purchase. I dont know enough about the details of these systems to feel confident about putting it together without some help.

The axles are a drive type with air wedge brakes on each axle and spring cans on one axle.
The rig they will go on is a Rears sprayer that has an air compressor. It is a stand alone type compressor with a sling type lube system, but it is a cast iron, continuous duty type. Everything behind the compressor will be scrapped as it is lighter duty and rusting with age and exposure. The compressor can fill the 3 gallon tank and plumbing in about 15 seconds. Which is faster than most trucks I've been in. The brakes of course are the priority, but I may use either a hybred leaf spring/air bag, or a fully air suspension system. A solution purge will be installed, but that is a system on its own that will only operate when standing still. And the transfer case is air engauge.

I will not be pulling any trailers with air, so I dont need that hook up. I do however want brake lights etc.

So I need a minimum of one lever type air actuator valve, and a spring brake release valve. I'd like a treadle valve that mounts in the floor like the older trucks as that is the way the throttle pedal is mounted. Can I get a treadle valve with the pedal attached?

Any help putting this system together and plumbing diagrams would be apreciated.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)