AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

U-II pickup reel fingers.... where to get em?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 4/19/2009 20:42 (#686100 - in reply to #686073)
Subject: Re: U-II pickup reel fingers.... where to get em?

North Western Alberta
There are two bolts on the left hand side... ( when sitting in the cab) that hold the reel onto the lift arm. They are the two bolts that hold the shaft on the lift arm basically.... they must have come loose... My boy is 15, he hit a rut, and the reel jumped off the arm, landing on the ground/knife..... of course, the drive side is the right side, so before he could get stopped or get the header disengaged, it sat there spinning/bouncing on the ground. Basically, it wiped all the fingers off one batt, and broke one batt in two. It has 4000 hrs on it, so alot of them are broken. I think I will replace the broken batt, and maybe all the teeth. Or, at least the teeth on the one batt that they were all snipped off of. Id like to trade up to a newer Massey 220 swather, in about a 25 foot model, if I could find a nice one close by. For this year though, I think I will be just fixing this old girl. Its been very reliable though! I completely rebuilt the reel, all the pivots and bushings and such on the reel, and multiple arms, end plates, etc.... now just the teeth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)