AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drilled some beans Saturday, Lotsa pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DeereTopher
Posted 4/20/2009 06:55 (#686537 - in reply to #686532)
Subject: Re: Drilled some beans Saturday, Lotsa pics

north central indiana
Jeffery, I normally have two passes on the end. Believe it or not, I do turn this rig around on one pass sometimes. When getting to the end I turn off the meters a lil early to atleast put the beans in the ground instead of "top dressing" the ground. Then when turned around I will turn the meters back on when my Cat passes the 2nd endrow pass, that means i will have beans back to the openers just as soon as she is out of the ends. First few years i let the implement switch do all the turning on and off, now seed is to expensive and i have got it timed just right for turning around and not wasting much seed. Takes about 3.5 seconds once the meters are turning to get beans to the outer openers. The first year they had an airseeder on the farm they did not account for the beans to make it back to the drill and everyother pass there was a giant skip out past the end rows! When I started running this outfit the Boss said make 4 passes on the end, he did'nt want that to happen again! After drilling about 50,000 acres in the last ten or so years I am pretty comfortable with the air seeder and only have two passes on the ends. It allways makes the riders stare a lil when ya can go around tile risers, rocks, tele poles, and other obstructions and be with in inches of it with the drill. Good luck with your seeder i hope ya love it!
Have a good one,
DeereTopher
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)