AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looked at the Crustbuster drill!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hiyieldfarms
Posted 4/12/2009 00:13 (#677389 - in reply to #677311)
Subject: Re: Looked at the Crustbuster drill!

washington iowa
Crustbuster Allplants are an awesome drill but you have to modify them to work well for beans in Iowa. A must is to run two smooth blades, no notch. Also adding a heave limiter to eliminate sidewall blowout. I sell the heave limiters for $26 per row. With a 4030, and speeds of 10-12 mph you can plant 300 acres in a day. This is at a depth of 1 inch and only a 1/4 inch in varibility. It truly is amazing to blaze at that speed and dig to find the beans in a perfect pinch at 1 inch depth. I also run a cutoff Keaton firmer. It acts as a frog in a corn planter would and wipes the dirt and knocks the beans to the bottom of the trench. With two smooth blades running that shallow the trench is very narrow and a new fat Keeton will not get to the bottom of the trench. Cutting it off also exponetially increases the downpressure wich is also needed at high speeds. The notched blade will not cut tough residue and cannot plant shallow because of the 3/4 inch deep notch. The row unit has corn planter depth accuracy set up like this. Also a flex link harrow 3 or 4 ft depth leaves a very finished look to the field. I have pictures and more details I can e-mail if anyone is interested. Also many testimonials.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)