AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

single line wet kit to dual line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/12/2009 18:42 (#678030 - in reply to #677952)
Subject: Re: single line wet kit to dual line

Southeast Wyoming

I think milo is unloading a bit of compost . . . :-)  I do not think my "fully loaded" belt would take traveling at that rate, even assuming gravity didn't cause load flow foward with something such as grain.  I'm assuming he is talking about a full heavy load.  I can unload ~28 ton of sugar beets in about 7 minutes - a little faster if I wanted to chance plugging the elevator chain . . . 90 seconds . . . I don't think so.  A wider belt may do it; mine is 41 inch.  But when I unload potatoes or grain, I often need to limit the belt travel so as to not over load the piler/pit or etc.  I used 10 minutes, but feel that often it will take longer but the load/power requirement will not be as great.

I'm running a RTLO16713A transmission with the pto on the left side; I didn't find a link to my exact specs but I assume it is a 47 tooth gear running at 79% of engine speed.

My pto is a Chelsea 489XQAHX-A3XK , with a gear ratio of .865:1.  I don't recall how many teeth are on the gears within the Chelsea (~32??).  I had all of the proper gear teeth numbers and ratios when I bought my pump but I have misplaced the specifics.  Without those numbers I don't know at what percentage of engine speed the pump is running.  I make the assumption it was ~ 160% but that is simply a calculated guess???

My pump is a Permco P3000A231MDXE20-14 (warning that is a large pdf file as are some of the others).  It has the 2" wide gears, the chart says it pumps 8.5 gpm at 600 rpm (pump shaft speed) , 13.5 at 900, 19 at 1200, 24 at 1500, 29 at 1800, 34.5 at 2100, and 39.5 at 2400.

I may call Trinity Tuesday and ask what specs they recommend; I tried to match what they call for.  We spec'd my brother's Pete at a little higher volume so he does not need to rev up the engine above low idle while unloading.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)