AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4450 head gasket seeping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

smokesgasman
Posted 4/11/2009 11:27 (#676848)
Subject: 4450 head gasket seeping

so.wisconsin

my older farmer nighbor has a 4450 with 9000 hrs. that just yesterday started to weep coolant by no.4 intake/head gasket area dealer said 4+ weeks behind and if weather starts to agree could start planting in ten days or less its dry here just waiting  for soil to warm up, he wants to try to get through planting before fixing,has 700 ac. only.says he only runs engine at 1800 rpm for planting and asked me if he could use some type of sealant to get by ,thought i would ask you guys your thoughts if it would work and what brand and how much to use he is really upset its his favorite tractor and only knows how to use with planter i just took him to pick it up at the dealer for its anual checkup dealer saw it but told him it should be fine?? when it was on dyno put out a strong170hp. pump has never been touched but he said that a few years ago they up dated the head bolts. he has been finishing up chisel plowing what he didnt get done last fall the past 3 days, says it  runs fine no real water loss yet and oil level is normal(just changed) what do you think? man he is broken harted over this told him i would finnish up his last field so he doesnt have too keep putting a big load on the tractor!

thanks

smoke

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)